The following post comes from Rick Warren, and can be viewed at his website here.
Before doing anything else, would you do me this favor and take this short one-page survey.
I love pastors. I always have. My father, grandfather and great-grandfather were Baptist pastors. My father-in-law, brother-in-law and son-in-law are or were all pastors. I spent part of my childhood on a seminary campus and was constantly around pastors and pastors-to-be.
That’s why I’ve always been committed to helping pastors and why I’ve spent the last 30 years training pastors. The need to equip pastors today is critical and that’s why I’d like you to help me train them.
To get started, I need you to do one simple thing: take the short one-page survey above.
It will help us determine how we can help you mentor other pastors.
It’s both a great privilege and an awesome responsibility to be a pastor of a local church. You’ve heard me say many times—if I didn’t believe pastors have the best chance of making a difference in our world, I’d be doing something else. I’m convinced the job of pastor is the most important one in the world.
Pastor, make the most of 2013. It’ll only come along once. Here are 5 things to do to get ready:
- Get clean. God can use many different vessels to do His work, but He won’t use a dirty vessel. Make a list of everything in your life that displeases God. Agree with God that it’s sin. Ask for forgiveness.
- Get fit. To do everything God has in store for you this year, you’ll need energy—as much you can get. Watch your weight. Start exercising. Get rest. You’ll need it!
- Get simple. Distractions—even good ones—will keep you from God’s best for your church more than anything else. Get focused on God’s purposes.
- Get faith. Not living in faith is sin. Your need a God-sized vision that can’t happen without Him.
- Get going. Do what you know God has called you to do. Start today.
I pray that 2013 is your best year yet. The world needs you. And God wants to use you.